Caution,contest! - Win the new Samyang 85mm T1.5 IF UMC!
The subject of the contest is a question: Why Samyang makes you happy?!
The brand new VDSLR Samyang 85mm T1.5 AS IF UMC for Canon, Nikon, Pentax, or Sony is the price of the contest. The winner may also choose the classic version instead of cine version.
Contest duration: 7 of November 2012 - 23 of November 2012
Deadline for submission of works: 20 of November 2012 till midnight
Announcement of results: 23 of November 2012
COMPETITION Subject: “Why Samyang makes you happy?!”
Article 1 Organization of the Competition
The Competition is organized by Samyang Europe a sole distributor of Samyang products for Europe, hereinafter referred to as “the Organizer”.
Article 2. Objective of the Competition
The objective of the Competition is promotion of Samyang fish-eye lenses through making short films showing the fun that comes from using them.
Article 3 Definitions
1. Competition – the competition for users of Samyang fish-eye lenses, with rules and regulations determined herein.
2. User of Samyang fish-eye lens – any individual in possession of a Samyang fish-eye lens, hereinafter referred to as the User.
3. Contestant – as defined in the article 3 item 2 hereof.
4. Board – the Competition board composed of employees of the Organizer hereinafter referred to as the Competition Jury.
5. Voting – the Competition Jury chooses the film which in the opinion of the Jury is the closest to the theme of the Competition.
Article 4. Rules of the Competition.
1. The Competition is intended for Samyang fish-eye lens users only.
2. The subject of the Competition is to make a short film with the use of a Samyang fish-eye lens.
3. Persons who cannot participate in the competition include employees of the Organizer and their: spouses, ascendants, descendants, siblings, relatives by affinity in direct line, partners and persons who have been adopted or are under guardianship of such employees.
4. Participation in the Competition is free of charge.
5. The Competition lasts from 7 November 2012 12:00 CET until 23 November 2012 16:00 CET.
6. Participation in the Competition and submitting competition works.
To participate in the Competition:
Make a short film with the use of a Samyang fish-eye lens.
Upload it on YouTube.com or Vimeo.com and title: Konkurs Samyang: “Why Samyang makes you happy?!”
The author of a film submitted to the Competition declares that the author holds all copyrights and property rights, and all consents for publication of the image of persons whose consent may be required, to use the film or its parts by the Organizer to promote the Samyang brand.
A link to the Competition film should be sent by 21 November 2012 0:00 CET.
Article 5 Technical and Legal Conditions of Participation in the Competition
Duration of a film: maximum 3 minutes.
Films submitted by Contestants shall not include any content violating any laws or regulations, in particular any content which is discriminatory, offensive, racist or contradicts good custom.
The Competition Organizer reserves the right to verify the film author through contact with YouTube or Vimeo account holder where a given film is uploaded. In case of inability to conduct such verification or negative result of such verification, the Organizer may decide to exclude such Contestant from the Competition.
Article 6. Selection of the Winner and the Prize.
Following expiration of the deadline for submitting competition works, the Jury shall assess the films submitted. The name or nickname of the Competition Winner shall be published on 23 November 2012 15:00 CET at www.samyang.pl and on the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/samyangpl
Decision of the Jury shall be final and irrevocable.
The prize in the Competition is the newest Samyang 85mm T1.5 AS IF UMC lens with one of the following mounts: Canon, Nikon, or Sony. The Winner of the Competition, after obtaining the Organizer’s approval, may also exchange the aforementioned lens to classic Samyang 85mm 1:1.4 IF MC Aspherical model with a mount of choice: Canon, Nikon, Olympus 4/3, Pentax or Sony.
The Prize shall be sent by the Organizer at the cost of the Organizer, by post or courier to the Contestant’s address, within 30 days from the announcement of the Competition results.
The Organizer shall bear no responsibility for inability to collect the Prize due to reasons beyond the Organizer’s control, including reasons attributable to the Contestant. The Organizer shall not be responsible for any failures resulting from providing by the Contestant incorrect address or other details which are necessary for sending the Prize. The Organizer shall also bear no responsibility in the event of a change of the place of residence or correspondence address provided by the Contestant, as well as for a change of other data which may prevent correct provision of the Prize to the Contestant.
If the Contestant does not collect the Prize in due time indicated by the post service or the courier, despite notifying the Contestant about awarding the Prize, the Organizer shall have the right to decide what will happen with the Prize.
The Organizer shall not be responsible for any failures connected with delivery of the Prize by the postal service or the courier, pursuant to the Civil Code, the Postal Law of 12 June 2003, and the Transportation Law of 15 November 1984.
Article 7 Complaints
1. Complaints, in the form of a complaint notification form, may be submitted within 7 days from the announcement of the Competition results.
2. Only complaints submitted within the aforementioned time limit.
3. Complaints should include full details of the Complainant and grounds for making a complaint with justification.
4. Complaints shall be processed by the Organizer within 14 days from the date of submitting a complaint notification form referred to in item 1 of this article by the Complainant. The date of posting the complaint notification form by the Complainant shall be deemed as the date of submitting the complaint.
5. After the procedure determined in this article is exhausted, any disputes may be settled only by a relevant court. The court having jurisdiction over the Organizer’s registered office is competent to settle all disputes.
Article 8 Final Provisions
1. The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Rules and Regulations of the Competition. Amended Rules and Regulations come into force on the day of publication on the Organizer’s website indicated in item 2 of this article.
2. The Rules and Regulations of the Competition are available on the Organizer’s website, under domain Samyang.pl.
3. Participation in the Competition is synonymous with giving consent for processing personal data of the Contestant by the Organizer, under the Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997, Dz. U. No. 133, item 883.
4. The Competition Contestant hereby authorizes the Organizer to use the film made by the Contestant in all fields of use. Such authorization is considered to be a free of charge license unlimited in time and territory.
5. Personal data provided by Contestants shall be processed by the Organizer for the following purposes: (1) carrying out the Competition, (2) selecting the winner of the Competition (3) delivery of prizes, (4) collecting contestants’ opinions about the Competition, (5) sending information on the Competition
6. The Competition Contestant hereby declares that in the event of being awarded the Prize the Contestant agrees for publication of his/her first name, surname, city/town of residence and image in the promotional materials of the Competition.